Environmental Educator (Paid)
The Raritan Headwaters Association (RHA) is a non-profit conservation organization located in Bedminster, New Jersey. RHA is on a mission to protect clean water in the 470 square-mile North and South Branch watersheds of the Raritan River.
About the Position
- The Raritan Headwaters Association is seeking confident, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to teach a traveling stream ecology program called WaterWays
- Part-time, flexible schedule – programs are mainly held in the fall and spring during regular school hours, with some programs occurring during the summer. (Option to participate in monthly family programs, summer camp, etc.)
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Schools and stream field sites within the Raritan Headwaters Region (Morris, Somerset and Hunterdon).
- Occasional meetings, training, and equipment pick-up and drop-off (from RHA’s offices in Bedminster or Flemington).
The following qualifications are preferred; however, any combination of these will be taken into consideration:
- Experience working with children in an educational setting and outdoors.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental science, life sciences or other related majors.
- Strong knowledge of natural resources, especially relating to water and watersheds.
- Good organizational skills and time management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for the natural environment and desire to share it with others.
- Strength of cooperation and teamwork.
- Teach environmental education programs to school groups both in the classroom and at stream field sites. Programs are scheduled for you.
- Home study of lesson materials and equipment, all of which are provided.
- Attendance at occasional meetings and trainings.
- Clean up and organize equipment after each use.
- Pick-up, drop-off, and/or transfer equipment as required.
- Be reasonably available as a substitute in case another educator calls in sick.
How to Apply: EMAIL ONLY. Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Lauren Theis, Director of Education.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-234-1852 x314