Well Test Program Associate (Part-time)
The Associate will primarily support RHA’s Well Test program and assist RHA’s Science Program in areas related to groundwater quality. The Well Test Associate will help protect the Raritan River region’s groundwater resources through water quality monitoring and community outreach.
- Maintain regular office hours (9am-12pm), Monday through Friday, at RHA’s Flemington office
- Provide excellent customer service for program participants
- Assist at Community Well Test events, including some evenings and weekends
- Daily coordination of the Well Test Program (Community and Private)
– assembling test kits
– keeping a supply of complete basic test kits with paperwork on hand for private well testing
– organizing submission of payments
– answering residents’ questions about water quality and well testing
– communicating with the outside water testing lab and managing transport of samples to the lab
– mailing results to participants
– preparing and mailing well test reminders
- Perform data entry and assist in preparing reports and results to townships
- Prepare groundwater quality materials and educational content as needed
- Presentations to municipal and community organizations, including some evenings and weekends
- Participate in RHA events
- As needed and as time allows, assist with tasks associated with ongoing groundwater research projects
Reports directly to the Watershed Scientist, Groundwater
Qualified applicants should either be working towards a degree or already have completed a bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science or a related field. Applicants must be organized and reliable and have a basic understanding of environmental health issues. Must work well independently and as part of a team; must demonstrate initiative. Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel is required, MS Access a plus. Preferred candidates should be living within commuting distance of Flemington, NJ.
Hours: 15-24 hours/week
Start Date: July 9, 2018 (flexible)
How to Apply: EMAIL ONLY, “Well Test Associate application” in subject line. Please include cover letter, resume, and contact information for two professional references to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through June 11, 2018.
Nature Day Camp Educator
The Raritan Headwaters Association (RHA), a non-profit conservation organization located in Gladstone, NJ, is seeking Environmental Educators for the summer of 2018. The Educators will be responsible for implementing RHA’s summer Nature Day Camp programs. Some prep and orientation will take place in June. The camp is scheduled as follows:
Dates: Time: Session Name: Age Range:
July 16-20 9 to 2 pm Red Squirrels Week 1 Ages 5-6
July 16-20 9 to 2 pm Tree Frogs Week 1 Ages 7-10
July 23-27 9 to 2 pm Red Squirrels Week 2 Ages 5-6
July 23-27 9 to 2 pm Tree Frogs Week 2 Ages 7-10
July 30-August 3 9 to 2 pm Garden Camp Ages 5-13
July 30-August 2 9 to 12 pm Honey Bees Week 1 Ages 3-4
July 30-August 3 1 to 5 pm Bedminster Recreation Camp Ages 6-12
August 6-10 9 to 12 pm Honey Bees Week 2 Ages 3-4
August 6-10 9 to 2 pm Photo Camp Ages 10-12
August 6-10 1 to 5 pm Bedminster Recreation Camp Ages 6-12
Preference will be given to candidates that can participate in multiple weeks of camp. RHA will provide lesson plans and materials, with the opportunity for Educators to contribute to lesson plans. We encourage candidates to visit our website at www.raritanheadwaters.org to learn about our work, and www.raritanheadwaters.org/naturedaycamp to see more details about our camps.
Qualifications: Qualified applicants will have experience in elementary education, biology, ecology or a related field. Applicants must be comfortable working outdoors (even in inclement weather), have a basic understanding of elementary environmental topics and enjoy working with children. Preferred candidates should be living within commuting distance of Gladstone, NJ. All educators will be required to submit a background check, and attend a CPR and First Aid training course (or provide current certification documentation).
Hours: Varies based on camp schedule. Educators should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to camp start time and stay 30 minutes after.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: EMAIL ONLY: Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Lauren Theis at LTheis@raritanheadwaters.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.