Environmental Educator (Paid)
The Raritan Headwaters Association (RHA) is a non-profit conservation organization located in Bedminster, New Jersey. RHA is on a mission to protect clean water in the 470 square-mile North and South Branch watersheds of the Raritan River.
About the Position
The Raritan Headwaters Association is seeking confident, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to teach a traveling stream ecology program called WaterWays.
Part-time, flexible schedule – programs are mainly held in the fall and spring during regular school hours, with some programs occurring during the summer. (Option to participate in monthly family programs, summer camp, etc.) Must have own reliable transportation.
Schools and stream field sites within the Raritan Headwaters Region (Morris, Somerset and Hunterdon). Occasional meetings, training, and equipment pick-up and drop-off (from RHA’s offices in Bedminster or Flemington).
The following qualifications are preferred; however, any combination of these will be taken into consideration:
- Experience working with children in an educational setting and outdoors.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental science, life sciences or other related majors.
- Strong knowledge of natural resources, especially relating to water and watersheds.
- Good organizational skills and time management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for the natural environment and desire to share it with others.
- Strength of cooperation and teamwork.
- Teach environmental education programs to school groups both in the classroom and at stream field sites. Programs are scheduled for you.
- Home study of lesson materials and equipment, all of which are provided.
- Attendance at occasional meetings and trainings.
- Clean up and organize equipment after each use.
- Pick-up, drop-off, and/or transfer equipment as required.
- Be reasonably available as a substitute in case another educator calls in sick.
How to Apply: EMAIL ONLY. Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Lauren Theis, Director of Education.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-234-1852 x314