These positions are currently available. See the job description for application instructions.
Stream Clean Up Coordinator (Part-Time, Permanent)
Raritan Headwaters Association (RHA) is a non-profit conservation organization located in Bedminster, New Jersey. RHA is seeking candidates for a permanent, 7-month position as the Stream Clean Up Coordinator to start November 2018 with weekly hours depending on program need. The coordinator will:
- Promote and expand RHA’s Annual Stream Cleanup.
- Coordinate all components of event and be the point person for inquiries from staff, interns, AmeriCorps Ambassador, site coordinators, municipalities and the public.
- Work with Development Department Program staff to coordinate volunteers, municipalities and distribute Stream Clean Up supplies and paperwork.
- Work with Science Department Program staff to coordinate and identify sites, website/mapping, and Stream Clean Up manual.
- Map stream segments and measure how many miles will be cleaned up on day of event.
- Expand the educational component relating to human and ecological health at each site.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the establishment of our 50+ sites.
- Develop promotional materials including postcards, flyers, social media posts, pre- and post-event press releases.
- Post event flyers in public locations and on social media.
- Assist with the postcard mailing to previous volunteers and community groups
- Supervise site coordination during the event.
- Summarize data from the event and develop a Stream Clean Up report to then share with municipalities and other partners.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be within commuting distance of Bedminster, NJ.
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree or be working toward a degree.
- Possess knowledge of the Raritan River headwaters region and environmental issues.
- Have strong organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have access to transportation.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- ArcGIS desktop experience is a plus.
- Exhibit a passion for conservation.
Hours: Average 18 hours per week (varies); a permanent, seasonal position with summers off
Compensation: Hourly rate plus mileage
Start Date: November, 2018
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through October 20 via email only. Send resume, cover letter and contact info for 3 professional references to email@example.com. Include in the subject line: “Stream Clean Up Coordinator Position”
Communications Intern (Part-Time)
Raritan Headwaters Association, a nonprofit environmental conservation organization based in Bedminster, NJ, seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with marketing and communications. The Communications Intern will collaborate with staff and volunteers on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications. Job duties include:
- Design flyers and other marketing material for RHA programs and events.
- Solicit, coordinate, schedule and help write material for RHA’s blog.
- Assist with updating content on RHA’s website when needed.
- Promote RHA programs and events to various print and digital media outlets.
- Participate in Communications meetings and help maintain Communications calendar.
- Help keep RHA’s social presence fresh and engaging by assisting with scheduling and writing material for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Research and recommend a photo management system; help organize and manage photo and video content.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in English, Communication, Public Relations or related field.
- Must be creative and resourceful.
- Exceptional writing and graphic design skills.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Professional and respectful in the social media space; skilled in posting on FB, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of RHA.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and WordPress highly desired.
- Requires 3-6 month commitment.
Hours: 8-12 hours/week
Compensation: Hourly rate
Start Date: Available immediately. Position open until filled.
How to Apply
Email only – send resume, cover letter and contact info for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line: “Communications Intern Position”