These positions are currently available. See the job description for application instructions.
Advocacy Intern (Part-Time)
Raritan Headwaters Association, a nonprofit environmental conservation organization based in Bedminster, NJ, is seeking candidates for an Advocacy Internship beginning January 2019. The Advocacy Intern will assist with a variety of projects in order to gain a broad range of experiences in watershed advocacy, including analyzing and reporting on clean water issues, making advocacy recommendations, and communicating with stakeholders and other partners. The Intern will assist the Director of Policy with a variety of projects that may include:
- Prepare outreach material.
- Update outreach database.
- Draft press releases, blog entries, web and social media content, and other communications materials.
- Organize and participate in advocacy meetings.
- Organize outreach events.
- Plan, research and draft white papers on advocacy issues.
Qualified applicants should either be working towards a degree or already have completed a bachelor’s degree in environmental policy, political science, communications, or a related field. Applicants must have excellent writing skills, good research and public speaking skills, be organized and reliable, and have an understanding of New Jersey conservation issues. Competence with Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Candidates should be living within commuting distance of Bedminster, NJ.
Hours: 15 hours/week (10 weeks)
Compensation: Hourly rate
Start Date: January 15, 2019 (flexible)
End Date: May 15 (flexible)
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through December 1, 2018 via email only. Send resume, cover letter and contact info for two professional references to Bill Kibler, Director of Policy, at email@example.com. Include in the subject line: “Advocacy Intern Position”
Environmental Educator (Part-Time)
Raritan Headwaters Association, a nonprofit environmental conservation organization based in Bedminster, NJ, is seeking confident, enthusiastic and motivated candidates to join our Education Team beginning in March 2019.
RHA Educators teach traveling ecology programs for students in elementary and middle school throughout Somerset, Hunterdon and Morris County. This position is a part-time, flexible schedule. Programs are mainly held in the fall and spring during regular school hours, with some programs occurring during the summer (option to participate in monthly family programs, summer camp, etc.).
Teach environmental education programs to school groups both in the classroom and at stream field sites. Programs are scheduled for you.
- Attend orientation and training sessions
- Home study of provided lesson materials
- Clean up and organize equipment after each use.
- Pick-up, drop-off, and/or transfer equipment as required.
- Be reasonably available as a substitute in case another educator calls in sick.
- Part-time, flexible schedule – programs are mainly held in the fall and spring during regular school hours, with some programs occurring during the summer. (Option to participate in monthly family programs, summer camp, etc.)
The following qualifications are preferred; however, any combination of these will be taken into consideration:
- Experience working with children in an educational setting and outdoors.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental science, life sciences or other related majors.
- Strong knowledge of natural resources.
- Good organizational skills and time management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for the natural environment and desire to share it with others.
- Strength of cooperation and teamwork.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
Hours: Flexible, varied. Generally ranges from 3-15 hours per week.
Compensation: Hourly rate
Start Date: March 1, 2019 (flexible)
End Date: End of school year, option to continue into summer and fall.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through February 28, 2019 via email only. Send resume, cover letter and contact info for two references to Lauren Theis, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line: “Environmental Educator Position”