These positions are currently available. See the job description for application instructions.
Stream Clean Up Coordinator (Part-Time, Permanent)
Raritan Headwaters Association (RHA) is a non-profit conservation organization located in Bedminster, New Jersey. RHA is seeking candidates for a permanent, 7-month position as the Stream Clean Up Coordinator to start November 2018 with weekly hours depending on program need. The coordinator will:
- Promote and expand RHA’s Annual Stream Cleanup.
- Coordinate all components of event and be the point person for inquiries from staff, interns, AmeriCorps Ambassador, site coordinators, municipalities and the public.
- Work with Development Department Program staff to coordinate volunteers, municipalities and distribute Stream Clean Up supplies and paperwork.
- Work with Science Department Program staff to coordinate and identify sites, website/mapping, and Stream Clean Up manual.
- Map stream segments and measure how many miles will be cleaned up on day of event.
- Expand the educational component relating to human and ecological health at each site.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the establishment of our 50+ sites.
- Develop promotional materials including postcards, flyers, social media posts, pre- and post-event press releases.
- Post event flyers in public locations and on social media.
- Assist with the postcard mailing to previous volunteers and community groups
- Supervise site coordination during the event.
- Summarize data from the event and develop a Stream Clean Up report to then share with municipalities and other partners.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be within commuting distance of Bedminster, NJ.
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree or be working toward a degree.
- Possess knowledge of the Raritan River headwaters region and environmental issues.
- Have strong organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have access to transportation.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- ArcGIS desktop experience is a plus.
- Exhibit a passion for conservation.
Hours: Average 18 hours per week (varies); a permanent, seasonal position with summers off
Compensation: Hourly rate plus mileage
Start Date: November, 2018
How to Apply
Email only: Send resume, cover letter and contact info for 3 professional references to email@example.com. Include in the subject line: “Stream Clean Up Coordinator Position”
Communications Intern (Part-Time)
Raritan Headwaters Association, a nonprofit environmental conservation organization based in Bedminster, NJ, seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with marketing and communications. The Communications Intern will collaborate with staff and volunteers on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications. Job duties include:
- Design flyers and other marketing material for RHA programs and events.
- Solicit, coordinate, schedule and help write material for RHA’s blog.
- Assist with updating content on RHA’s website when needed.
- Promote RHA programs and events to various print and digital media outlets.
- Participate in Communications meetings and help maintain Communications calendar.
- Help keep RHA’s social presence fresh and engaging by assisting with scheduling and writing material for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Research and recommend a photo management system; help organize and manage photo and video content.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in English, Communication, Public Relations or related field.
- Must be creative and resourceful.
- Exceptional writing and graphic design skills.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Professional and respectful in the social media space; skilled in posting on FB, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of RHA.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and WordPress highly desired.
- Requires 3-6 month commitment.
Hours: 8-12 hours/week
Compensation: Hourly rate
Start Date: Available immediately. Position open until filled.
How to Apply
Email only: Send resume, cover letter and contact info for 3 references, along with at least 2 writing and graphic design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line: “Communications Intern Position”
Advocacy Intern (Part-Time)
Raritan Headwaters Association, a nonprofit environmental conservation organization based in Bedminster, NJ, is seeking candidates for an Advocacy Internship beginning January 2019. The Advocacy Intern will assist with a variety of projects in order to gain a broad range of experiences in watershed advocacy, including analyzing and reporting on clean water issues, making advocacy recommendations, and communicating with stakeholders and other partners. The Intern will assist the Director of Policy with a variety of projects that may include:
- Prepare outreach material.
- Update outreach database.
- Draft press releases, blog entries, web and social media content, and other communications materials.
- Organize and participate in advocacy meetings.
- Organize outreach events.
- Plan, research and draft white papers on advocacy issues.
Qualified applicants should either be working towards a degree or already have completed a bachelor’s degree in environmental policy, political science, communications, or a related field. Applicants must have excellent writing skills, good research and public speaking skills, be organized and reliable, and have an understanding of New Jersey conservation issues. Competence with Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Candidates should be living within commuting distance of Bedminster, NJ.
Hours: 15 hours/week (10 weeks)
Compensation: Hourly rate
Start Date: January 15, 2019 (flexible)
End Date: May 15 (flexible)
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through December 1, 2018 via email only. Send resume, cover letter and contact info for two professional references to Bill Kibler, Director of Policy, at email@example.com. Include in the subject line: “Advocacy Intern Position”