These positions are currently available. See the job description for application instructions.
Nature Day Camp Educator (Summer 2020)
About the Position: The Raritan Headwaters Association (RHA), a non-profit conservation organization located at Fairview Farm Wildlife Preserve in Gladstone, NJ, is seeking enthusiastic and creative Environmental Educators for the summer of 2020. The Educators will be responsible for implementing RHA’s summer Nature Day Camp programs for children ages 3-13, under the direction of the Education Director. Lesson prep and orientation will take place in May-June. The camp is scheduled as for the weeks of July 6 through 31.
Preference will be given to candidates that can participate in multiple weeks of camp. RHA will provide assistance with lesson plans and provides all materials. We encourage candidates to visit our website at www.raritanheadwaters.org to learn about our work, and www.raritanheadwaters.org/naturedaycamp to see more details about our camps.
Qualifications: Qualified applicants will have experience in elementary education, biology, ecology or a related field. Applicants must enjoy working outdoors (even in inclement weather), have a basic understanding of environmental topics and enjoy working with children. Preferred candidates should be living within commuting distance of Gladstone, NJ. All educators will be required to submit a background check.
Hours: Most sessions run from 10 to 2. Educators should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to camp start time for set up and stay 30 minutes after for clean-up.
How to Apply: EMAIL ONLY: Please e-mail cover letter, resume and two references to Lauren Theis at LTheis@raritanheadwaters.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
For more information please email LTheis@raritanheadwaters.org or call 908-234-1852 x314
Environmental Educator (Part-Time)
Raritan Headwaters Association, a nonprofit environmental conservation organization based in Bedminster, NJ, is seeking confident, enthusiastic and motivated candidates to join our Education Team beginning in March 2020.
RHA Educators teach traveling ecology programs for students in elementary and middle school throughout Somerset, Hunterdon and Morris County. This position is a part-time, flexible schedule. Programs are mainly held in the fall and spring during regular school hours, with some programs occurring during the summer (option to participate in monthly family programs, summer camp, etc.).
Teach environmental education programs to school groups both in the classroom and at stream field sites. Programs are scheduled for you.
- Implement provided environmental lesson plans in the classroom and in outdoor settings.
- Create new lesson plans and programs.
- Attend orientation and training sessions.
- Assist with clean up and organize equipment after each use.
- Pick-up, drop-off, and/or transfer equipment as required.
- Be reasonably available as a substitute in case another educator calls in sick.
- Part-time, flexible schedule – programs are mainly held in the fall and spring during regular school hours, with some programs occurring during the summer. (Option to participate in monthly family programs, summer camp, etc.)
The following qualifications are preferred; however, any combination of these will be taken into consideration:
- Experience working with children in an educational setting and outdoors.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental science, life sciences or other related majors.
- Strong knowledge of natural resources.
- Good organizational skills and time management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for the natural environment and desire to share it with others.
- Strength of cooperation and teamwork.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Strong spirit of teamwork.
Hours: Flexible, varied. Generally ranges from 3-20 hours per week.
Compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with experience
Start Date: March 1, 2020 (flexible)
End Date: End of school year, option to continue into summer and fall.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through February 28, 2020 via email only. Send resume, cover letter and contact info for two references to Lauren Theis, Director of Education, at email@example.com. Include in the subject line: “Environmental Educator Position”