Land Stewardship Intern
The Land Stewardship Intern works closely with RHA’s Land Stewardship Manager on implementing stewardship projects on RHA’s 9 preserves in Somerset, Hunterdon, and Morris Counties as well as on partner properties throughout the Upper Raritan Region of New Jersey. Projects include ecological restoration of forests, meadows and riparian corridors, maintenance of trails, plant, and wildflower gardens.
- Assist with the implementation of stewardship projects such as trail maintenance, invasive control, maintenance of tree planting projects, and more
- Support stewardship volunteer engagement and training
- Preferred working towards or already have completed a degree in ecology, environmental studies, natural resources management or a related field of conservation science
- A personal vision for land stewardship goals to ensure water quality, wildlife habitat, aesthetics, and overall ecosystem health
- Basic knowledge of ecological processes and plants of the region; knowledge of BMPs regarding invasive species management and restoration targets
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written & oral communication skills
- Reliable, self-motivated, and able to work independently
- Track record of teamwork in planning and implementing projects
- Experience working outdoors doing physically taxing work for hours at a time in all types of weather
- Experience using hand tools
- Transportation to and from Fairview Farm
- Live within commuting distance of Bedminster, NJ
Hours and Duration of position: June-August (flexible start and end dates); maximum of 100 hours for duration of position.
Location: RHA’s Headquarters at Fairview Farm Wildlife Preserve 2121 Larger Cross Road, Bedminster, NJ, and our other preserves in the area.
How to Apply: Individuals may apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and contact information along with 3 references via email to email@example.com.