RHA’s well testing program will continue to allow residents to test the health of their drinking water while requiring no direct contact with others. With 80% of our households dependent on private wells for drinking water, it is essential that they are able to determine the potability of their water supply, particularly while under quarantine and in light of current bottled water shortages.
We are accepting online orders for test kits on our website where you will also find directions for safe pick up and drop off at our office locations in Bedminster and Flemington. For more information, residents may email email@example.com or call the RHA Well Testing office at 908-234-1852 ext 401. Messages will be returned promptly.
In keeping with the guidance of public health officials, we are currently maintaining essential functions of our well testing program under the following parameters:
- The RHA well test program has postponed all April Community Well Test events until they can be rescheduled with confidence (June or the fall with dates to be determined). May and June events will be evaluated at the beginning of April and postponed as required. All events are updated on the RHA website calendar.
- RHA will continue to accept online orders for well test kits for pick up at our 2 office locations.
- Once kits have been requested, they are assembled and residents are notified. Kits may then be picked up 24/7 and there is no need for face to face communication.
- Sample drop off days will be reduced to one morning for each office (Mondays in Flemington and Thursdays in Bedminster). Samples will be handled with gloves and care will be taken to sterilize all surfaces that have been in contact with returned well test materials.
- The state-certified laboratory that tests samples submitted to RHA is an essential business and has confirmed that they will remain open and will continue picking up our samples on Mondays and Thursdays until we return to our normal weekly schedule.
We appreciate your patience, flexibility, and understanding as we all navigate this ever changing situation.
Thank you and be well.
Watershed Scientist and Well Testing Program Manager