Today, Oct. 20, is “Imagine a Day Without Water,” a National Day of Action aimed to increase awareness about the importance of our most valued natural resource – water. At Raritan Headwaters, clean water is at the heart of our mission. Our dedicated staff and volunteers work tirelessly to protect the health of our watershed, delivering award-winning science and education programs, stewarding and preserving key watershed lands, and advocating locally and statewide for policies that protect clean water.
For far too many people in this country access to clean, safe drinking water is limited – a harsh reality that makes it all the more essential for communities to come together on one clear call to action to demand clean water for all.
How can you help?
- Join us in taking the #OneWaterPledge and learn about local water sources and how our community invests in local water infrastructure.
- Volunteer with RHA! Make an immediate impact by cleaning up a stream, joining our Citizen Scientist Program, removing invasive species, and assisting with native tree plantings.
- Use your voice! Contact your federal, state and local officials to let them know that clean water is important to you!
- Test your water! RHA’s Well Test program provides residents of the Raritan Headwaters region with the opportunity to have their drinking water tested for bacteria, nitrates and other harmful contaminants by a state-certified lab at discounted rates.
- Donate to RHA! We work each and every day to protect the waters and steward the land in our watershed and can’t do it without the support of our loyal donors.
Let’s work toward a reality in which a day without water is something we only imagine. To learn more about this national day of action, visit https://imagineadaywithoutwater.org/.