- American Rivers
- Bedminster Township
- Bernardsville Borough
- Bethlehem Township
- Branchburg Township
- Bridgewater Township
- Califon Borough
- Chester Borough
- Chester Township
- Clinton Town
- College Hunks Hauling Junk- Central NJ
- Crown Trophy of Flemington
- Delaware Township
- Far Hills Borough
- Flemington Borough
- Glen Gardner Borough
- High Bridge Borough
- Hot Rods Hot Dogs
- Hunterdon County Utilities Authority
- Lebanon Township
- Mendham Borough
- Mendham Township
- Mine Hill Township
- Morris County Clean Communities
- Mount Olive Township
- Peapack-Gladstone Borough
- Ramsey Outdoor
- Randolph Township
- Raritan Borough
- Raritan Township
- Raritan Valley Disposal
- Readington Township
- Roxbury Township
- ShopRites of Hunterdon County, Inc.
- Somerset County Solid Waste Management
- Special T’s
- Tewksbury Township
- Wakefern Corporation
- Washington Township
Saturday, April 14, 2018
Each spring RHA organizes clean up programs to protect water quality and promote public stewardship of local streams and rivers.
This year’s stream cleanup will be held on Saturday, April 14, 2018 from 9 am until noon at multiple locations around the watershed in Hunterdon, Somerset, and Morris Counties.
How to Register in 3 Easy Steps
- Visit our interactive map below to find a stream cleanup site close to where you live or click on the link below the map to see a list of all the sites and view them in a larger map.
- Note down your preferred site number.
- >>CLICK HERE TO REGISTER<<
- If you want to register more than 15 people, please contact Angela Gorczyca directly.
- Register by March 1st to be guaranteed a stream cleanup t-shirt.
- Register by March 26th to be guaranteed your stream cleanup supplies. If you sign up after the 26th, please bring your own gloves and bags.
- On the registration page, select your site by clicking on “View Item.” Fill in your personal information and checkout of your shopping cart to complete your registration.
What to Bring
You are encouraged to bring your own reusable water bottle and trash pickers. Raritan Headwaters will provide trash bags, gloves, water and snacks! If you register after March 26th, please come prepared with your own gloves and trash bags.
What to Wear
This event is rain or shine, so dress accordingly. No one is required to get into the stream. If you choose to pick up litter on land wear a hat, sturdy boots or shoes, and long-sleeved shirts and pants for tick protection. Stream depth varies across our stream cleanup sites and changes with the weather so if you plan on getting in the stream come prepared with rubber boots or waders.
On the morning of the cleanup, you will be greeted by your Site Coordinator at the designated meeting location. The Site Coordinator will: have you sign-in; provide you with your trash bags, gloves, water, and snacks; and orient you to the site and explain the area to be cleaned up. When the stream cleanup is over, please bring your trash bags to the designated drop off location.
Kids are welcome to participate in this service project, but please keep a close eye on your children throughout the event because their safety is paramount.
This year Raritan Headwaters is asking you to collect data on the number of plastic bags and bottles you pick up. Data sheets will be provided.
On the day of the event, please submit pictures and videos on Facebook to RHA’s Stream Cleanup Group Page. Use #CleanStreams, #rivercleanup, #RHAstreamcleanup, #conservationinaction. Tag friends and post to Instagram. Twitter users please mention @RaritanHWaters.
Map of Stream Cleanup Sites
Detailed Site Descriptions
Please refer to the 2018 Stream Cleanup Manual for detailed information on each site, including the general location, approximate address, GPS coordinates, parking area, special notes about the site, trash drop off location and driving directions. The site descriptions are organized by site number. Please note, that some sites include multiple areas for removing trash. On the day of the cleanup, please sign in at the designated meeting location first and then the volunteer site coordinator will assign you a specific area to pick up litter.